Sunday, December 2, 2007

News of the development of Hugin: Open Source Pano Tools

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=734500

I'm still using Hugin 1.7 beta 4 which is the latest and yesterday
accidently completed a pano within about 2 hours, enough time to post
it before Power Boat F2000 starts today.

When I reread my past blogs, I notice that earlier I had used
autopano-sift as a separate program, instead of the autopano that is
distributed with Hugin.

This morning, it is just too slow. After 3 hours I left for work and
my son restart the PC because he found it too slow. Just now, within a
few minutes autopano-sift 2.3 for windows completed its task which
hugin took hours. Of course the setting is different. 12 for autopano
sift and 20 control points for autopano default in Hugin.

Hopefully the latest development will make Hugin more userfriendly in
integrating all the advances in generating pano pictures so that more
people will take panoramic photos and share with people.

Panoramic photos are more informative than single photos. This is my
default photo taking but I shall take a few anchor photos or special
ones that I cannot take as many photos necessary to stitch a 360x180
panoramic picture.

For the latest pictures of the Powerboat F2000, please click to
http://sabahheaven.blogspot.com

No comments: