Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Experiences with Hugin 0.7

Just finished a difficult night scene at Anjung Senja, Kota Kinabalu.

The panorama viewer at Hugin is extremely useful. Apart from the wrong file name, it worked beautifully and fast. You must use the image numbers instead of the file names in preview mode, and check the actual file names from hugin main menu.

The preview mode allowed me to skip files that I don't need. It should help me in taking better panorama pictures by making sure that I have identifiable points in order to align my adjacent pictures together. Otherwise, it is just a waste of time.


The surprise for enblend 3.0 is that, it is different from Hugin panorama viewer in that it allowed my anchor picture, the first picture to be the dominant picture, unlike Hugin panorama viewer.

It allowed me to insert pictures of my children inside my panoramic picture.

nona inside Hugin does not allow more than 8160 resolution with my 1Gbyte RAM. My 6 Mpixel pictures, allowed up to 16000 resolution. Fortunately, 8160 is the default for my RC Simulators.

No comments: